The client is a California based telecom company that provides voice and high-speed internet services over fiber optics, copper and fixed wireless systems. With companies shifting to remote work arrangements, many people opted to sign up for internet services thus their customer base grew significantly. As a result, the team handling back-office and management tasks are required to work double-time performing data management, order processing, account reconciliation, and answering customer service calls. These tasks create a bottleneck in providing sales support for their existing customers and limited time to create sales proposals to acquire more customers. Finding and recruiting qualified customer service representatives and technical support staff proved very costly as well as the minimum wage in some parts of California was $ 15.00 per hour. After employer payroll costs and onboarding, the overall cost per rep was $ 27.00 per hour before management costs.
Creating processes to maximize your core staff productivity.
Acknowledging the challenges and client requirements, Unity Communications provided the following solution:
● Establishing a back-office team that provided a wide range of admin and sales support. The team consisted of three members and a project manager overseeing the work.
● Took overall back-office tasks such as data management, order processing, account reconciliation, answering customer service calls and email management.
● Set up channels to ensure open communication and real-time reporting. We understand the importance of communication and provide regular updates on each project. The project manager monitors the team closely to ensure the tasks are completed accurately within the specified time-frame.
● Set up KPI's to track the team's productivity. This includes an average handle time (AHT) of 6 minutes, Customer satisfaction (CSAT) of 90%, Case Complete Rate of 100%, Case Reopen Rate of 20%, and Quality Score of 90%.
● Payroll costs were reduced to below $ 10.00 per hour all in. This reduced costs by 70 percent, but increased productivity and allowed the saved resources to increase marketing and sales effort.
With the help of an experienced BPO partner (Unity Communications), The telecommunications company now has a streamlined back-office process that delivers quality work in a timely manner. As a result, customer satisfaction increased by 92% and productivity by 70% in just two months. The company is now able to focus its strength on acquiring new customers and important business activities that will help them expand its reach in the telecommunications market.